Studies have shown that sitting in a slumped posture turns off lower back muscle resulting in atrophy and instability of the lower back, leading to lower back pain.
Compression of the lower back discs and stretching the ligaments of the back can also result predisposing the lower back to sprains and strains.
Suggestions to avoid lower back injuries:
1. Get out of your chair each hour.
2. Stand at your desk when possible.
3. Sitting on a seating disc.
4. Using a lower back lumbar support.
5. Home exercises on gym ball.
6. Chiropractic manipulation to the lower back.
Scott Owens, DC